Technical Interview Success - System Design
Please come prepared to
- Do a technical interview
- Screenshare and walk your way through your thought process.
It will be an intentionally ambiguous system design question.
Remote Meeting Quality
Examples like this are a good starting place. Suggest reading the comments too since some people felt there were gaps not addressed in the video itself.
To get the best results:
Speak out loud, speak your thought process.
- If you are silent - we don’t know what you are thinking.
- We are looking for your ability to explain yourself as much as the actual result.
All you need is a notepad or code editor.
As appropriate you may also use virtual whiteboard type tools, like google draw.
- Write or draw relevant stuff
- Imagine you are constructing a document you would share with other teammates who may not be on the call.
- Drawing diagrams when appropriate is optional but encouraged.
- Pseudo code to showcase general direction of architecture
- High level notes and rough function headers are expected.
- Don’t try to write code that will compile. Do keep in mind fundamentals of computer science.
For example these are all acceptable:
- “We will walk the list of things, do something to make something happen”
- example of concrete method: dig_hole()
- meaning_of_life = SuperDuperMagicService().get_meaning_of_life()
There will be a series of questions.
The goal is to build a conversation around those questions so do your best to keep answers to the point so we may progress the conversation.
Updated 12 months ago